Dear colleagues, it is a pleasure to have you with us for the virtual fellowship between publishers from Québec and French Canada and publishers and translators from the Balkans.
On this page, you will find below links to consult the foreign rights catalogs of publishers in Québec and French Canada participating in the event. Fill out the form to indicate which editors you would like to meet.
Join us on Wednesday, March 10th for a talk on contemporary Québec literature with two renowned authors and translators, Lori Saint-Martin and Neil Smith. Here is the Zoom link for this promising meeting. More information about our speakers.
More information about our speakers:
Lori Saint-Martin published short stories books and a novel. She is well known in Canada and France as the translator of famous Canadian writers such as Gil Adamson, Michael Ondaatje, Louise Penny, Mordecai Richler and Miriam Toews. Her work as a translator, in a duet with Paul Gagné, has earned her four Governor General’s awards. She teaches literature at the University of Quebec in Montréal and conducts research on feminism, among other things.
Neil Smith is a translator as well as the author of the story collection Bang Crunch, the novel Boo, and the upcoming novel Jones. His fiction has been translated into ten languages. He won the Hugh MacLennan Prize for Fiction and has been nominated for the Governor General’s Award for Translation, the Canadian Library Association Young Adult Book Award, and the Prix des libraires. He is the translator of La déesse des mouches à feu (Le Quartanier), by Geneviève Pettersen, a successful novel in Québec recently adapted into a movie. He was born in Montréal.
List of participating publishers from Québec and French Canada
- Éditions Alto, Tania Massault, Foreign Rights page
- Dominique et Compagnie, Barbara Creary, director, internationational rights, Foreign rights catalog
- Éditions du Boréal: Foreign right page
- Groupe HMH, Geneviève Lagacé, rights manager, Titles information
- Groupe Homme, Florence Bisch, rights director, Foreign rights catalog
- Groupe Librex and Groupe Ville-Marie littérature, Carole Boutin, rights and contracts director, Fiction catalog, Non-Fiction catalog
- La Peuplade, Julien Delorme, commercial director Europe, Titles information
- Le Cheval d’août, Milena Ascione, agent, Titles information
- Le Quartanier éditeur, Félix Philantrope, commercial director, Rights_list
- Québec Amérique, Alexandra Valiquette, Rights Director & Acquisition Editor, Foreign rights catalog, Publisher’s website