The Rendez-vous Fellowship Program is intended for foreign editorial managers looking to discover Québec publishing and rights acquisition of French-language works.
The program includes
- A presentation of the Québec book market;
- A presentation on youth literature;
- A presentation on contemporary literature;
- A literary guide tour of the city (including visits to book stores, publishing houses and libraries);
- Activities at the Montréal Book Fair;
- One-on-one meetings with Québec publishers;
- And many networking events (receptions, dinners, 5@7, etc.).
We are looking for
- Candidates with at least three years of experience in the publishing field as foreign literature publisher, rights manager, etc.;
- Publishing houses whose catalogues include French-language works in translation;
- Candidates with a strong command of English or French.
Priority will be given to rights buyers. Please take note that literary agents are not eligible for this program.
Rendez-vous will support the following expenses
- Travel costs;
- Accommodation (hotel selected by Québec Édition);
- Two dinners;
- Entry to the Montréal Book Fair.
Each year, Québec Édition put together a diversified delegation by selecting from a wide range of publishing professionals both young and experimented and coming from a variety of editorial fields.